Welcome to the MAX Center!
We offer support in math, science, writing, economics, and study skills.
You can meet with our tutors
We will offer in-person and remote tutoring beginning fall semester 2021.
- Our writing tutors are available for scheduling and Zoom consultations through WC Online.
- Check the Science and Math pages to see when tutors are available for help with specific courses. No need to make an appointment ahead of time.
- Remote STEM tutoring is available on a limited basis during evening hours (7-10 pm Sunday-Thursday). Call our office at (651) 696-6193 during evening hours to set up your remote tutoring session.
You can meet with our professional staff
You can also contact our professional counselors for assistance:
- Dave Ehren at email@example.com for assistance with math
- Stephanie Alden at firstname.lastname@example.org for science or study skills
- Becky Graham at email@example.com for writing or study skills
- Jake Mohan at firstname.lastname@example.org for writing.
- Trisha Daigle at email@example.com for writing.
We can visit your class!
- If you’re teaching a class, you can request a visit from MAX Center staff to inform your students about our resources. Request a visit using this Google form.
“The MAX Center!”
A promotional video by writing tutor Faith Isham ’23
Meet Dave Ehren, MAX Center Director
In this Admissions video for admitted students, Dave Ehren ’87 talks about resources the MAX Center can offer students.
The MAX Center: Where underprepared students prepare, prepared students advance, and advanced students excel.
The MAX Center assists students with:
- the disciplines of Math, Science, Economics 119, and Writing
- the skills required for good time-management and study habits
- building a culturally diverse learning community
- academic accommodations for students with documented disabilities. We offer individual and group assistance at no charge in mathematics, biology, chemistry, writing, study skills, time management, and other areas.
Beyond classroom work, we provide assistance with:
- capstone papers and honors projects
- personal statements and applications for scholarships
- study-abroad programs
- graduate school and professional school
- preparation for graduate school examinations
MAX Center hours
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sunday – Thursday, 7 – 10 p.m.
Contact Reports MAX Center STEM clients and tutors can report an appointment here.
Tutor Resources (Accessible to MAX employees only)
Do you know of someone in the MAX Center who has accomplished something recently or has been involved in something noteworthy? Contact Julie Lucking with the information or picture: firstname.lastname@example.org