Finals Week Hours
The MAX Center will be open during the day (9:00 - 4:30) for Study Days and Finals, December 14-20. It will not be open during the evening on those dates. As usual, it will not be open for tutoring on Saturday, Dec. 16.
What's New at The MAX Center
Alya Ansari '19, a MAX Center Writing Tutor and First-Year Course Writing Assistant, made the following video for the documentary-film module of her Fundamentals of Video Production (MCST323) course.
In the video, MAX Center Writing Counselor Jake Mohan discusses the challenges students encounter when writing in higher education, and how the MAX Center strives to help them navigate Macalester's writing culture.
The MAX Center: Where underprepared students prepare, prepared students advance, and advanced students excel.
The MAX Center assists students with:
- the disciplines of math, science, and writing
- the skills required for good time-management and study habits
- building a culturally diverse learning community
- academic accommodations for students with documented disabilities. We offer individual and group assistance at no charge in mathematics, biology, chemistry, writing, study skills, time management, and other areas.
Beyond classroom work, we provide assistance with:
- capstone papers and honors projects
- personal statements and applications for scholarships
- study-abroad programs
- graduate school and professional school
- preparation for graduate school examinations
When Is a Tutor Available?
Note that the math and science calendars do not show scheduled appointments, only tutors' scheduled work hours.
Contact Reports MAX Center clients and tutors can report an appointment here.
Tutor Resources (private Google doc)