The Global Citizenship Student Award (GCSA) is presented every April by Macalester College and the Kofi Annan Institute for Global Citizenship to the graduating seniors who best demonstrates a commitment to the ideals and practice of high academic performance, internationalism, multiculturalism, and civic engagement. This may be demonstrated through student work in a broad range of majors and disciplines, and the selection committee hopes the applicant pool will reflect diverse representation from the Humanities, Sciences, Fine Arts, and Social Sciences. Candidates must be nominated by a Macalester faculty or staff member. However, students who feel they are strong candidates may approach a faculty or staff to discuss their interest and request a nomination for the award.
Nominations for the 2021 GCSA are due by 5:00pm, Friday, March 5, 2021. To nominate a Senior, faculty or staff should simply send a name to Matthew Katsaros (email@example.com) by this date and time.
- 2020: Phuong Nguyen, Nahla Almbaid, and Ikran Sheikh-Mursal
- 2019: Erika Aguiluz Ramirez and Arnold Sanginga
- 2018: Kevin Xiong, Tasneem Issa, Miranda Harris
- 2017: Farah AlHaddad, Xing Gao, and Georgia Gempler
- 2015: Anne Gavin. Christine Ohenewah, Gabrielle Queenan
- 2014: Lily Alexander, Zack Avre, and Jocelyne Cardona
- 2013: Rebecca Jackson, Cecilia Martinez-Miranda, and Abas Noor
- 2012: Shahar Eberzhon
- 2011: Needham Hurst 2016:
- 2010: Westenley Alcenat